Monday, April 20, 2015

I COULDN'T HELP BUT SMILE, THE BEST TWO YEARS

Luxurious benches dot the city of Stockholm.
I COULDN'T HELP BUT SMILE: 
One of the highlights of my week was visiting two of our friends, Anna and Moses, this last Saturday. Moses is a member of the church, but Anna is atheist. They are both very friendly people, and it is always great to be able to visit them in their home. They both are very busy with their schedules, and Saturdays are the only days that work, so it's cool that they make time for us. This last lesson, we focused a lot on faith, and what it means to have a faith. Moses' faith is huge. He has a strong belief in God, and one that he has tested many times in his life. It was awesome to have him share his experiences in life, and explain why he believes in God. When we reached the end, we asked Anna to say the prayer, and she was hesitant to do it. She asked Moses if he could do it, but he simply encouraged her to go for it; which she did. We committed them to reading from the scriptures together and praying every night, which they accepted. And as I left, I couldn't help but smile, because I know that Anna will have a great support in her search.

The wise tree builds its foundation upon the rock.
THE BEST TWO YEARS:
We had two cool experiences this week, both quite closely related. On Friday night, we had a lesson cancel on us near the end of the day, so we decided to grab dinner earlier. Nothing at home sounded good, so we decided to grab a sandwich or something from a grocery store along the way. When we walked in, we ran into a girl we had met with a few weeks ago, named Sofia. She had said she was not really interested in meeting again, so we were bummed about that. But we talked with her in the store for around 30 minutes. She didn't call later or say that we could meet again, but it was nice to have the chance to be able to have that contact again. The second experience was on Saturday, we had been walking around and got thirsty, so we stopped at by a grocery store. As we stood there, we ran into a lady named Rose that we had contacted two weeks before. We hadn't been able to get a phone number the first time, because she didn't have it with her. But she had it on her, and we will be swinging by sometime this week. Both experiences just reminded me of The Best Two Years, so I got a kick out of that.

This was the room I came to on my first day in Sweden to get my visa taken care of. Now, almost a year later, I am back, so my companion can renew his.


No comments:

Post a Comment