Monday, March 28, 2016

STOCKHOLM * CHRIST---THE FRIEND OF FRIENDS * PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION * IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, THEN TRY, TRY AGAIN * MY LAST CHANCE TO GRAB A PIECE OF HEAVEN * ELDER ROWLEY, THE PIANO AND THE VIOLIN

STOCKHOLM
A beautiful P-day in Stockholm
CHRIST---THE FRIEND OF FRIENDS
This week we had Zone Conference. It was my last one, and it was a great conference. The entire focus of the conference was on Christ. Who He is for us, and how we can gain a personal relationship with Him. It gave me a great opportunity to reflect on how I see Him and how He sees me. Christ is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and the Friend of Friends. One who has the majesty of these titles is also the one that will stand by us no matter what. 

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Public transportation in Stockholm is taking a step up.
It's only a temporary setup, so we won't get this treatment for long.

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, THEN TRY, TRY AGAIN
This week I also had the opportunity to go on splits with Elder Banks in Västerhaninge. We were down in Nynäshamn walking along a road, when I saw a guy coming down the other side of the street. This was a side road with no sidewalks and not much traffic, but it was still an awkward distance between us. I closed the gap and started to talk to him. He told me that he got stopped by us (I was in Handen) yesterday. I remember thinking that was too bad, but then he continued. He said yesterday he had no time to stop, but then it led into a great discussion on Easter. We gave him The Book of Mormon and talked about it's purpose, and he turned out to be very positive towards it all. If at first you don't succeed, then try, try again. 

MY LAST CHANCE TO GRAB A PIECE OF HEAVEN
                              I am holding in my hand, a cheese bread.
                       It doesn't look like much, but it brings joy to my soul. 
                  It's only sold in Lidl, so when I was on splits in Västerhaninge, 
                        I took my last chance to grab a piece of heaven. 

ELDER ROWLEY, THE PIANO  AND THE VIOLIN
The highlight of the week was Saturday. Elder Rowley is in the area just north of us, and a member asked if he would play at a retirement home. I got to come along, and he played piano and I played the violin. Some of the residents were very lively, and one even got up to do a jig. They asked us where we were from, and we got to talk a little about what we do here. Several family members were visiting their relatives in the home, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. But I think we enjoyed it the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment