Monday, September 14, 2015

IS THIS A SIGN OF AGE? SMALL MIRACLE, IT FELT WEIRD WITHOUT MOM, P-DAY, MEETING THE GROUND, ..., IT EVEN FLUSHES, ALES STENAR, WALK ALONG THE SEA

 IS THIS A SIGN OF AGE?
So first off, I forgot my cord to my camera, so the pictures will come next week. I'm a little worried by this though, because throughout the course of the week, there have been other small things that I have forgotten or left behind. And actually, as I write this, I just remembered I was supposed to grab a jacket that one of the missionaries in Lund had left behind when he was in Malmö on exchanges. All I can do now is face palm myself. Is this a sign of age? Or is my mind just deteriorating at a faster rate than normal? I suppose that I should set a goal to not forget anything this week. But by Wednesday I'm sure that I will have forgotten I made that goal.

SMALL MIRACLE
On Thursday, we had set up a time to meet with a guy named Earnest. We had our lesson planned out, and I felt good about it. However, we got there and gave him a call so he could let us in, and no answer. We called again about five minutes later and he was off on the other side of Malmö. We had planned to swing by a newly baptized member as out backup, because he was just across the street. We went there, rang his door phone, tried calling, and nothing. We paused, trying to decide what to do next. And we came to the decision to walk around the area, speaking with people as we went. It began to darken, and no one seemed to be listening to us. So we headed to the bus stop and change our plans. About 5 minutes into the ride, we remembered someone else we had been wanting to swing by, and we checked on the map. Sure enough, it was back the way we had come. So we headed that way, walked to the building, and we faced with a new obstacle. Almost all apartment buildings are locked at the bottom, probably to prevent unwanted visitors like us. But most of the time, they have a way to call or let the person in the building know that you want in. This building didn't. So we stood there, trying to decide what to do. I'm sure it was a strange sight, two young guys in white shirts standing there looking to the top floor where they wanted to be. We stood there and talked about what are options were. At this point, I was thinking maybe we should cut our losses and leave the area, but just as I was about to mention it, someone walked up to us and asked us if we wanted to get in the building. Next thing we knew, we were in. We were able to meet with the person, although nothing spectacular happened there. I was grateful for that small miracle of getting into the door. Also, the next morning when we studied, we talked more about what we had planned for Earnest, and we felt like we should change our whole approach to the original lesson plan. We haven't met with him yet, but I'll be sure to update on how the lesson goes. 

IT FELT WEIRD WITHOUT MOM
Yesterday, I got the chance to play violin in church. It's my first time since coming to Sweden, and I must admit, it felt weird without Mom accompanying me. It was a lot of fun to be back in business, and it was fun to be able to share that talent I've been able to develop.

We just got a phone cord, so I can send some pictures now. 
P-DAY
 This was from our P-Day as a district. We went to a place called Ales Stenar. Basically, they are old Viking stones that were in the shape of a boat.

MEETING THE GROUND

Elder Ahlström wanted to run through the field, but this next step finds him meeting the ground.
...
...
IT EVEN FLUSHES
Swedish port-a-potties. It even flushes.
ALES STENAR

Ales Stenar

WALK ALONG THE SEA
It was a short walk to the stones, but a gorgeous view and walk along the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment