Monday, April 11, 2016

A FACE TO A NAME, HE ACCEPTED, RECOGNIZE THE GOOD, PROGRESSING FORWARD

A FACE TO A NAME
It's been interesting the way this last week has come together. We were walking along talking to people on the street, and we noticed someone who seemed to be waiting for us. When we got to him, he introduced himself as a member in our ward. I hadn't met him, so I was going through people in my mind and asked his last name. I found out he was the husband to someone we had been trying to get in contact with for the past three transfers. We had a great conversation and I walked away amazed that after all this time, I now had a face to a name. 

Handen
HE ACCEPTED
As we were out and about, I noticed one of my good friends, Dmitry. I've been able to talk with him a few times and he always asks us how the work is going. He's fairly committed to his own church so he's quick to let us know he's not converting, but he has a lot of questions. As we spoke, we had the opportunity of giving him a Book of Mormon and challenged him to read. He accepted. 

The Mall of Scandinavia, it has been finished in the past few months and is now the biggest mall in Scandinavia. It's pretty impressive inside.

RECOGNIZE THE GOOD
Last week I mentioned that Fredrik watched all four sessions of General Conference, but when we visited him, we found out he finished the fifth as well. It starts at 10 PM here, but he stayed up to watch it. We talked a lot about conference and why he liked it. He didn't really have a specific reason to why he kept coming back, other than he thinks it's something good. We talked about the influence of the Holy Ghost and how that influences us to do those things which will help us. He talked about other times where he has experienced that, and it was awesome  to see that he is able to recognize the good. 
Elder Muirhead, Alex, and me
PROGRESSING FORWARD
On Saturday, Alex, Jodie's husband was baptized. I think Jodie was the most excited of us all. The baptism went smoothly, and I smile to think that both Alex and Jodie have now taken this step. It is a step that will continue to help them throughout their lives, and they recognize that. Alex bore his testimony after his baptism and spoke of the blessings in his life that led to this point. I was happy to have a chance to take part in this decision in his life, and I am excited for their family to continue progressing forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment