Monday, May 18, 2015

MALMO, POWER IN THE BOOK

Some random lake we saw as we were biking past.

MALMO
Well I haven't quite finished my first full week in Malmö, but I feel like I'm starting over again. The language down south is a little different, so I've had to readjust my language comprehension. But it feels good to be here. It's amazing just how different Malmö and Stockholm are. Malmö is the third largest city in Sweden, but I sometimes feel like I am walking through a ghost town. I am surprised at how few people we pass in a day. But there is an exception, sunny days. But then, people are not out on the streets; rather they are planted in the parks or anywhere that they can get their faces in the sun, and they just enjoy it. It's almost a shame to go up and interrupt them catching their rays. But our message helps turn them to the Son that never loses His radiance and warmth, that is, Jesus Christ. We turn to him for help through those dark times in our lives, and He will help us. For that, I am grateful.

I don't know if you can see it, but my bike has a basket. I was apprehensive about it at first, but have since learned to love it for its practicality.

POWER IN THE BOOK
We met with a guy named Bill who was recently baptized into the church and discussed what the Book of Mormon means to him. As I listened to his testimony of the power in the book, it reminded me of the importance and the treasure that I have within it. We must search diligently, and we will find jewels that help us develop and grow. It is not a read that can be done once, or even twice. This is a lifetime growth for all of us, and I was grateful for his reminder of something I do not appreciate enough. 

Swedish kid bombing my photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment