Monday, May 25, 2015

KEBAB, COME CLOSER TO CHRIST, MISSIONARY WORK AT IT'S FINEST


The Rapsölja fields

KEBAB
It's a shame that I haven't taken a picture of any of the kebab that I have eaten since I got down here. Among missionaries, the kebab from Skåne is legendary, and the kebab of Stockholm is legendary: just in a negative way. So the problem is that when I get that pizza in front of me, I don't have many thoughts other than, "eat it." However, it is my goal to get a picture...one of these days. I just think that it is worth mentioning that kebab is an important part of a missionary's life in Sweden. 


Malmö is a city, rich with art and history. :)



COME CLOSER TO CHRIST
This week I had a very unique experience in talking with people. We started our morning like usual, and headed out the door. We had made a goal to talk to everyone that we could that day, so there wasn't even a question when we saw an elderly man walking down the street that we would extend our invitation to him, to come closer to Christ. And best of all, he stopped and listened. It's not every day that the first person we talk to gives us the time to discuss the important message that we are here to deliver. But as we were talking, we had another guy walk up and start asking us questions. At this point we had to split off so we could speak with them both, leaving Elder Bailey teaching about The Book of Mormon in Swedish, and me improving my English with the man who came up to us. As we finished talking with them, I remember thinking, "This is going to be a good day." And it was. Everyone we met on the streets was nice; giving us smiles, taking cards. We hope that we were able to reach out to more than just those two guys on the street that day. But, I was also grateful for the smiles and kindness that I received in my day.


THE BOOK OF MORONI
CHAPTER 10:32

 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.  


Me and Elder Bailey


MISSIONARY WORK AT IT'S FINEST
One of the coolest things to see, is a person trying to give their friend the same opportunity and joy that they have themselves. It's missionary work at its finest. On Sunday, we met two new people. One is named Williams and the other is Stanley. Williams comes from Jönköping and has the Church, which is something that he values because of the good it has done in his life. He came down to visit his friend, Stanley, and invited him to come to church. This was not the first invitation. I talked to Williams, and this has been a process to be able to get Stanley to this point. I think that Williams' persistence helped show Stanley that church isn't just a Sunday activity to kill a few hours. This is a way to improve all aspects of life. Everything that we do in our church is meant to increase the joy and growth that we can have in this life. We preach what we believe, but living it is what makes all the difference. 



No comments:

Post a Comment