Monday, December 14, 2015

SHOPPING AT IKEA, BIG CHANGES, WONDERFUL DAY, 24 HOURS LATER---HANDEN, PERSONAL NOTE FROM THE EDITOR, PHOTOS FROM HOME

SHOPPING AT IKEA
It's been quite the week. This last Tuesday we began preparing for the two new missionaries that would be moving in with us. The apartment is spacious and quite luxurious, but we were missing some of the necessary furniture, like beds. Naturally, we wanted a place for them to sleep when they got there, so we went shopping at good old IKEA. It was pretty fun being in Sweden and shopping at IKEA. Almost as fun as the next 8 hours that it took for us to figure out and assemble the bunk bed, desks, dressers, and chairs. But long story short, when they stepped through that door, everything was ready for them. We spent the next few days adjusting with all the changes that come with having two extra people in the apartment, and it was a good time.  

BIG CHANGES
Friday night, about when we felt like everyone was getting settled in, we got a call from President Beckstrand. My first thought was, what did I do wrong? That thought was quickly pushed aside as I realized I'd been a trying my best to be a good boy so Santa Claus will bring my some presents this year.  As he began to talk to us though, I realized some big changes were coming. So it was then that I found out that I would be moving back to the Stockholm area in a city called Handen. Elder Chugg would be sent to Katrineholm. And all the work we had put into that apartment to make it the 5-star living quarters it is, was for nothing. Regular transfers were a week before, so it definitely took us by surprise. 

WONDERFUL DAY
The next day we spent with the new Elders teaching them everything they needed to know about the area -- the people they should meet, where to shop for groceries, and everything. We had a wonderful day together, and we got in contact with many of the people we planned for.  Sunday came around, and we had to let the ward know. This was probably the toughest part of it. We had planned Christmas with the families I had been with last year, and we were all excited. But that was all pushed aside as we explained that there was a change in the plans this year. 

24 HOURS LATER---HANDEN
I was lucky that I could play my violin with the choir for our last Sunday there, and 24 hours later, I'm sitting in Handen typing up this email. Missionary work can often fall into a monotonous cycle, but there are definitely curve balls that can come our way. I was so glad for the chance to return to Kungsbacka, and I thank the people there who have had an impact on my life. But I also look forward to my new adventure here in Handen. 

P.S. Sorry, no pictures this week. My hard drive is deep inside my suitcases, and I haven't had time to unpack yet. :)

PERSONAL NOTE FROM THE EDITOR
Since Aldste Sweat wasn't able to send photos, I will add some personal photos from home.  Merry Christmas!!!

PHOTOS FROM HOME
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, missing our 2 missionaries this year.

Denzel, the youngest in our family.

Giovanna, our oldest child.
Dominique, our oldest son.
Dante, our 4th child, at BYU Jerusalem.
Elder Sweat, far right, our 5th child currently serving a mission in Guatemala.
Arianna & Tiana, his two younger sisters.
Denzel, the baby, sitting on Santa's lap.
Terrell and Becca, the wonderful parents of Aldste Sweat!!!  
Flashback photo from the good old days of watching our boys play baseball, eating seeds together, and giving the refs a hard time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment