Monday, January 25, 2016

Hej då (BYE), ELDER MUIRHEAD, NEITHER OF US ARE FROM UTAH OR LUCKY NUMBER 13, 4-DIGIT CODE, WE WOULDN'T WANT THE COPS CALLED ON US---WOULD WE? IT GREW FEATHERS, IT'S COLD,THE NEW CHAPEL

 Hej då (BYE)
Saying hej då to Elder Richardson
ELDER MUIRHEAD
My new companion, Elder Muirhead.
NEITHER OF US ARE FROM UTAH OR LUCKY NUMBER 13
He hails from Calgary, Canada. The tallest of my companions, and the first to not come from the US of A. It really gives people a shock when neither of us are from Utah, and one is even not from the US. It gives us credibility. At least for some people. I thought Canada and the US were almost synonymous, but I've found several differences in culture and language as we speak. He just got here from Uppsala and is excited to be in a ward as big as Handen's. He's lucky number 13 of my companions, but that shouldn't be a problem, eh?


4 DIGIT CODE
You need a 4-digit code to get into the building.

WE WOULDN'T WANT THE COPS CALLED ON US, WOULD WE?  
Almost every apartment door in Handen has a port code. Which means you need a 4-digit code to get into the building. We had someone we were trying to reach who lived in this building. My companion suggested that we guess the code. I wasn't too sure, but when I saw this paper, I decided it was probably better we didn't. Apparently other people have tried breaking in, and we wouldn't want the cops called on us, would we?


IT GREW FEATHERS

IT'S COLD
I like to think that even the snow is getting cold, so it grew feathers to try and gain some warmth. Either that or the humidity in the area has condensed and frozen on the blankets of snow. Personally I think there's only one explanation. It's cold. 


THE NEW CHAPEL
The new chapel being built here in Handen.

No comments:

Post a Comment