Thursday, January 7, 2016

SHORT ON WORDS, MISSIONARIES, MAMA B., NEW YEAR'S EVE, TAMALES, CAROLING, KALLE ANKA---AKA---DONALD DUCK, AFTER SWEDISH JULBORD..., A LITTLE FACE SMILING BACK AT ME, GLIMPSES OF HANDEN

SHORT ON WORDS
I was going through my pictures, and I couldn't pick the ones I wanted to send, so I decided to send all of them. It'll be short on words this week, but I think I illustrate my point: Christmas was wonderful and I'm looking forward to the New Year :)

MISSIONARIES
Missionaries in mass movement.
 MAMA B.
We opened our presents with Mama B. A great start to Christmas day.
 NEW YEAR'S EVE
New Year's Eve -- Our President gave us permission to enjoy the festivities with members until 12:30. We welcomed in 2016 with great celebration. Also, just a side note -- the drink is non-alcoholic. The cool thing about New Years is that everyone lights off fireworks everywhere. We had fireworks exploding right outside of the balcony, and they pick some good ones too. I'd dare say that the citizens of Sweden can almost match a 4th of July celebration. But we won't make any drastic comparisons. It is sufficient to say that it was a good night filled with rumbling anticipation and joy of a New Year.
 TAMALES
When we arrived at Jodie's house (one of the people we work with), we were surprised with tamales. During that meal I even whipped out a few Spanish phrases. I surprised myself with my memory. 
 CAROLING
Caroling as a Zone.
 KALLE ANKA---AKA---DONALD DUCK
This is a part of one of the biggest Christmas traditions in Sweden. It's a program called, Kalle Anka -- better known to Americans as Donald Duck. Every Christmas Eve, at 3:00 p.m., the show starts. It is the same thing every year, with a collection of segments from Disney movies and other shorts. There are two segments that are switched out each year, which introduce the new Disney films. Other than that, it is the same thing each year. Luckily, this year I was able to understand the whole thing.
AFTER SWEDISH JULBORD...
After Swedish julbord, we were presented with this beautiful dish. I didn't have words to describe my joy. So I took a picture and started eating.

 A LITTLE FACE SMILING BACK AT ME
After our Christmas of stuffing our faces, we were invited over for breakfast. There were some many beautiful colors as vegetables kept being placed in front of us. Next thing I knew, there was a little face smiling back at me. (I even added a few more veggies to make it even healthier).
 GLIMPSES OF HANDEN
Handen Train Station

The entrance to a park in Handen.


My main bus stop wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment