Monday, July 6, 2015

BEING IN A SPIRITUAL MOOD, I COME FROM SWEDEN

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Denmark!"
BEING IN A SPIRITUAL MOOD
This has been a very interesting week. At the beginning of our week, we were sent a number to call from other missionaries in Linköping. Before we got home that night, we received a call from the person, who had also received our number. His name is Magnus, and we set up a time to meet. It's been awesome from there. We met with him twice last week, and each time he recognizes the spirit that he feels while with us. He calls it, being in a spiritual mood. As we teach the doctrine we find in the scriptures and read words of ancient prophets, the words resound with him. Written for us today, The Book of Mormon is applicable. And he understands that, which is something that we struggle to relay to other people. But Magnus has a hunger for the knowledge and wisdom that he can gain from the book.

I COME FROM SWEDEN
Yesterday we had a chance to talk with a lady named Margarita. We talked a lot about family history and what it means to bring our family to the same understanding that we have. And it is exciting! We had a lady, from Virginia, stop by the church and leave a short story talking about her ancestors in Sweden. She had taken the time to come back to her roots, and she has her ancestor to thank for a lot of the goodness she enjoys today. It really made me think, especially with the 4th of July just a few days ago. I love that I am American, and I am proud to be a part of the USA. But I also love that I come from Sweden, a land that I have the opportunity to experience and enjoy. I have been able to experience the same culture that my ancestors may have experienced. Maybe they danced around a pole, too. I don't know everything that they have experienced, but I love that I am able to get a glimpse of their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment