Monday, July 13, 2015


On Thursday, we were taking the bus home. We were in an unfamiliar area, but we hopped on our bus home and sat back for the ride. After about 10 stops, we should have arrived at our stop, but instead we came to the end of the line. At which time, we stepped off the bus very confused. The bus driver asked us where we were headed, and we told him. Apparently we had gone the completely wrong direction, so he told us to hop back on the bus so we could get home. It was going to be a 15 minute wait before he went back in the other direction, and we saw the sunset. Naturally, we had to go check it out and take a few pictures. It was such a peaceful night, and a great way to end the day. The water was feathery and the breeze, warm. These moments don't come often, but when they do they are much appreciated.
The first sunburn of the year. We were sitting by the canal in Malmö and I chose a spot in the sun. Unfortunately my little white arms couldn't take the hour of sun. And even worse, that line. No one has a tan/burn line right there on their arms. 
Getting ready was quite the ordeal for the king, back in the day. One person to do the hair, and two others to tell the king how good he looks.
This was an exhibit that shows the criminals from a certain period of time. It gives each of their names with their reason of incarceration.
As my train came into Stockholm, I had a walk down memory lane. It was great to be back.

This week I got the opportunity of renewing my visa to stay in Sweden as a missionary. We are all listed under one address in Sweden to make it easier to keep track of us due to the amount of moving that we do. So naturally, the government wondered what was up. We usually would just go to a Migrationsverket near us, but they wanted all the people renewing their visas to come in to Stockholm to do it. We were the first group to have to do it, and hopefully the last. But because of the expense of traveling to Stockholm, I made the journey on my own. For a missionary that's a pretty big deal. Pulling into T-Central after 2 months of being away, and walking through the subway station alone was a new experience. I felt incomplete. I got on the tunnelbana I needed and reached my destination, where I was picked up by the Office Elders, and that feeling disappeared. The next day I went to Migrationsverket, and within 5 minutes, I completed the visa interview and could return home. So my visit to Stockholm was quite the trip. An hour later I was on the train home, with only lingering memories of Stockholm to keep me company. 

These are blossoms from an Elderberry Tree. Believe it or not, but this is soon to become a drink. It is still in the process of creation, because it needs to sit for 5 days. But tomorrow we will get to see how it turned out

On Thursday, we met up with one of the members in Malmö's ward, and we headed to the park to find elderberry trees. Our goal: Make some saft, basically juice concentrate. It was a fun experience, because I felt especially Swedish. The Swedes love do-it-yourself projects, and this is no exception. So to have the opportunity to enjoy the culture a little bit more was awesome. 

It's amazing the way this city changes, flowing from urban to green parks. It's one of the things that I love most about Sweden.

Add caption

Mine and Elder Taggart's apartment. Mom will be proud to see that there aren't any clothes on the floor. :)


I have now seen what an ugly duckling actually looks like in real life. And it's actually, really, really, ugly. Ha, no, but it was cool to be so close to this family of swans. 

Due to the fact that there are no slopes in Sweden, they wanted the experience of the burn of running mountains. And these are pretty killer. 

My desk

No comments:

Post a Comment